Thursday, October 20, 2011

Baby Curly Queues

Here is our first picture post! I just wanted to show a totally product free style that I used on P. It only lasted a day, but that is all I was looking for with her being with her Daddy all day while I was working.

Items I used for this style:
- spray bottle full of water
- wide tooth comb
- rat-tail comb
- snag free rubber bands

After wetting the hair with water, I carefully combed through to detangle.

Then I began parting her hair horizontally from ear-to-ear. The front section I divided slightly unevenly, with a slanted part that ran diagonally from above her left eye and ended in the middle of her head. I used snag free rubber bands to secure the two sections into two pony tails.


I parted the back of her hair into two equal sections, then parted those sections into two more equal sections-- so I had 4 equal parts of hair along the back of her head, as you can probably see in the picture above. I secured each of these 4 sections with snag free rubber bands.

So, I had 6 sections of hair all rubber banded with the snag free rubber bands. I then began the twisting and braiding-- I did a two strand rope twist on the two front sections, I secured them with another rubber band. The back 4 sections I did a basic 3 strand braid, again securing with a rubber band.

At this point you could leave everything as is... or you could add beads to the ends of the braids and twists... or any other types of ballies or accessories! I, however, decided to do knots with the back section of braids-- I simply twisted the braids and secured the ends underneath existing rubber bands.

I did one last spritz of water all over her head.

This style held up very well throughout the day without any product. I took down the back 4 sections for sleeping and P wore the two twists the next day with her hair out in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment